Friday, September 23, 2011

Restarting the Collection

In the hope of returning to our original intention for this blog - to share a creative experience, Susan and I are embarking on a new project.  Maybe we'll go the 70s rocker way and call it "The Fall Collection Revival."

Here's the idea: Susan and I are both students again (another sort of revival) and we are catching up to speed with the practice of weekly assignments.  I can't speak for Susan, but I know the most creatively productive time for me is also when I have weekly deadlines, like when we met in our poetry workshop, nearly five years ago in Berkeley (wow!).  So we decided, why not create shared weekly poetry deadlines?

While living together, Susan and I played around with "assigning" themes for a week or two, and we are also going to incorporate this into our new project.

So to recap:

  • Weekly Poetry Deadlines
  • Weekly Poetry Themes
Hopefully the outcome will be greater creative output and a lot more to share with each other and our readers.  

Want to play along?  If others want to play with our themes or suggest themes please let us know!  If more people want to get involved, I'm sure I could find a fun way to incorporate all of our creative output in the blog!

Enjoy!

No comments: